Monday, May 18, 2009

Star Trek (2009)

I’ve never been a huge fan of Star Trek, although I did watch more of the original series than I care to admit. But when I found out this was a prequel and I didn’t have to watch the previous 32 films before seeing this one, I actually started looking forward to this one. And I was not disappointed. Great special effects. Minimal obvious CGI and also used tastefully. Excellent use of dialogue, body language, and mannerisms from characters in the original series. Plot was easy to make sense, even though it seemed “busy” at times. Great background on the eventual friendship between Spock and Kirk. My only complaints (and these aren’t even that major) were that Scotty was introduced to late in the movie and I don’t recall Uhura being as trampy as she was portrayed in this film. It would have been funny if Kirk had taken a blow to the head which made him talk in broken sentences… I’m sure I missed a few inside jokes meant only for uber-trekkies, but I liked this film – even more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked that you went to this movie. Really. Shocked.

    Is your profile phote intended to creep people out? Just curious

    EnYa Face!

    ReplyDelete