Monday, June 1, 2009

Pan’s Labyrinth

This movie won a bunch of awards if I remember right. Though I’m not sure how with all the ridiculously fake CGI. A girl moves to the woods so her and her mother can be with the guy that’s just married her mother, a Spanish army captain. The girl stumbles upon a magical world in a labyrinth out back and the CGI faun talks her into doing these three tasks whereby she’ll truly become the princess she really is. The movie has sooooo much stupid CGI, I just kept more and more angry. I wouldn’t bother with this movie, even though it won awards. I don’t believe any of the characters in the film and I just don’t care about any of them.

2 comments:

  1. kelly and i were expecting something completely different when we rented this (perhaps a couple years ago now?). it was billed as something that almost entirely took place in this "otherworld," but in my recollection, it ended up being one of those films where all the eye candy is shown up front, in the trailer. and yes, i called it eye candy even though you get crotchety about stuff like that. i happened to like it, even though i wondered why the hell any living thing would have its eyes on the palm of its hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly reminded me more about this film this morning. evidently we both hated it a lot more than i recalled earlier.

    ReplyDelete