Thursday, October 15, 2009

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

Apparently, I’m the only one in the northern hemisphere not to have seen this film, so I put it on Netflix two years ago – it finally made its way to the top of the list. I wasn’t looking forward to seeing this movie, but I owed it to Gerd to watch it. It was one that she quoted regularly and I never got it, which frustrated her. I can say I’ve seen it now. It’s a “buddy” movie where two guys are on a mission to eat at White Castle (also Gerd’s favorite) and a bunch of ridiculous things happen which hinder their progress. I’ve never been a big fan of drug movies mostly because if you’re not on drugs, then the movie appeals to people with a 12-14 year-old male mentality exclusively. I chuckled at a couple of scenes, but mostly, I just wanted it to be over. The CGI in it angered me, however, having Doogie Howser playing a straight guy slayed me. If you’re a 12-14 year-old male or you’re baked out of your gourd, go watch this one. If not, don’t waste your time. I will be watching the second Harold & Kumar out of obligation and I’m not happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment