Friday, July 3, 2009

Hustle & Flow

This is one of the best MTV movies I’ve seen – in fact, it’s good enough that I didn’t even know it was an MTV movie. This small-time pimp for a cracker-ho and “agent” for strippers hears some gospel music and decides he wants to record some of his own stylings. He comes across a friend from high school who does recording and gets him to help with some of his stuff. Small-time has an in with a big-time flash in the pan rapper from his home town. He gets a demo tape in big-time’s hands (thanks to Chef) and it’s his only shot at getting his demo listened to. Then things go south. This is a good movie, in my opinion. It’s one of the better “hood” movies.

1 comment:

  1. I have a new black relative!! I had no idea anyone in our family watches MTV movies.

    ReplyDelete