Saturday, April 4, 2009

1990: Bronx Warriors

Movie filmed in the early 80's about what NYC will be like in the 1990s after an apocalypse. Completely inaccurate, so I'm assuming these guys were hoping this film would be lost in the explosions of said apocalypse. It's basically "The Warriors" but the Warriors was at least interesting. And oddly, the Warriors had been shot like 3 years earlier. Basically it's all kinds of gangs on motorcycles wishing they had been cast in Mad Max instead of this film. Thankfully, someone cast a person to play the role of future Kurt Russell and future Jan Michael Vincent. (Also thankfully, neither of those two are actually in the film.) I will say I'm kind of glad motorcycles in the 90s didn't have glow in the dark plastic skulls on them. Also, there are gangs of Tuskan raiders in the catacombs of the Bronx, which rules. A lot of girls look like trannies in the Bronx in 1990 – I don't remember that, but I might have been there in the late 80s and late 90s so I might have missed that. And now I know who my friend Trash stole her name from – one of the main characters is named Trash – and my friend only wishes she looked like muscle-bound metal guy from the 80s. Don't waste your time with this one. Supposedly in the uncut versions of this film, there's some sort of tap dance gang fight – I'd change my mind about this film if I saw that I'm guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment