Monday, April 6, 2009

The Holy Mountain

I’ve seen Alejandro Jodorowsky films before and I just don’t like them (which makes it unfortunate that I bought the box set and now must sit through them all to justify my purchase). I apologize to you snooty film buffs who THINK you find meaning in all of this, but the guy is out of his mind. Supposedly, this was a movie highly respected by John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and George Harrison (in that they paid for it all) and bunch of other drugged out randoms. It’s as if Jodorowsky went through a book of symbolism and decided to incorporate absolutely every element of symbology into this film. Put in a plot? No time, people, let’s just put in more 10-year old whores, amputees, and splash in some excrement and children dressed as mice. There’s very little dialogue in this film, which doesn’t help its cohesiveness. I’d write about the plot, but as I said, there isn’t one. I would love to write about all the weird things that happens in this film, but you might be accidentally tempted to see it, which is not my intent. Don’t see this movie unless you’re into some seriously heavy drugs, or have taken a minimum of 10 solid blows to the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment